Chasing a Dream

Chasing a Dream
John and I with our LP finishers medals

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Day 4: Moving along

workout: mainly a rest day, ab workout and my daily 40 pushups (Today's bike workout will have to be done tomorrow, got crunched by the need to take Megan to gymnastics and getting home from school late)

nutrition:
Bf: oatmeal/blueberries/protein powder/almonds/stevia and a banana

morning snack: almonds

lunch: big salad (no soup today)

afternoon snack: apple/ Larabar/ some blue corn chips after I got home

dinner: brown rice/ roasted broccoli/red pepper/green beans leftover from yesterday

that is it. Unbelievably, there are REALLY no other little bits of this and that. I have made it 4 days without licorice, coffee, or other treats.

Today felt easier than yesterday. I did not feel hungry ALL day today like I did yesterday. I think some of the cravings are slowly going away, and I am getting used to the feeling of NOT being full all the time.

I am still not feeling any surges of extra energy. It is getting to be the end of the week, and I am wearing down as I usually do.

Stomache feels better today, although DIFFERENT than usual. Hard to describe different. Digestion is working differently, I haven't decided yet whether it is better or just different.

Beginning to feel like I am settling in...

Friday is donut day at school tomorrow. On a typical Friday I drive to school telling myself I will NOT have a donut, and then by lunch I have walked into the office, right past the box, and cave in. Obviously tomorrow that WILL NOT happen. I don't even see it being a little war between the devil on one shoulder and the angel on the other shoulder. I have smacked the devil to the curb at least for these 21 days. There are no options, or decisions to be made. I will prevail with NO cheats on this!!

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

You go girl! Rename it "no donut Friday"

Michelle said...

Awesome so far Barb!!!!!! I hope you have tossed the licorice from your car and desk. :) Just get rid of all the possible distractions and be done with it. I've found that carob nibs, if you can find them, are a great sub for chocolate and they'd fit in fine with this project. Sprinkled on some coconut milk yogurt with some berries and it's a great dessert.

I also wouldn't feel a STITCH of guilt for using something like Accelerade during a workout - you simply HAVE to fuel with simple sugars during your longer bike sessions and long runs. There just isn't any way around it.

I would highly recommend that you pick up Brendan Brazier's Thrive Diet book. I wish it didn't have "diet" in the title - it's not a diet in the common sense, it's about his commitment to a vegan lifestyle as a pro triathlete (IM distance). He's got amazing info in there relevant for us as athletes - I really, really love his book. It's got some great recipes in it as well - all vegan. Huge thumbs up from me on this topic.

Keep up the good work Barb!!!!!!!!!