Chasing a Dream

Chasing a Dream
John and I with our LP finishers medals

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Day 16-just a quick check in

I feel like this is getting to be routine. I really don't feel much like I am 'on a cleanse' these days. The only thing I am really missing is my morning coffee. Other than that and a glass of wine here or there, I won't change anything when day 22 arrives.

workout: rest day

nutrition:

bf: the usual steel cut oats w/ protein powder/ blueberries/ agave/slivered almonds and V8

morning: the usual almonds and a few dried apricots

lunch: big salad/ homemade salad dressing/ and cup of celery root soup (all very tasty, I totally enjoyed my lunch)

afternoon: apple/ larabar

dinner: leftover risotto/half sweet potato/unsweetened applesauce (could have used more vegetables here between the sweet potato and risotto dinner felt carb-filled)

getting ready to head off to be and read so I guess that is it for the day. Scale has been stuck at about a total of 6+ pounds lost in the 15 days, but clothes are looser fitting and I believe that as I continue this plan, the pounds will continue to slowly move in the right direction. I would be very happy to lose about 10 more pounds over the next few months, preferably before I run Boston in April.

As I said in my opening sentence, this is becoming routine. I don't miss the dairy/eggs/meat at all. I NEED to keep the sugar away. I believe that eating added sugar causes sugar cravings and so I do not want to fall back into that habit. I will try to keep sugar only for a special occasion here and there.

Lizzie has decided to try vegetarian for the 40 days of Lent, which start tomorrow. She is not a big meat eater anyway.

No comments: