Chasing a Dream

Chasing a Dream
John and I with our LP finishers medals

Friday, February 12, 2010

Day 11

workout: 4 miles on the treadmill, which was supposed to be 6 miles. Good thing this is my recovery week, just can't have a good relationship with the treadmill this week.

nutrition:
bf: the usual oatmeal before swim practice

morning snack: almonds/dried apricot/decaf coffee

lunch: salad with lots of veggies/ blue corn chips

afternoon: apple/ Larabar

dinner: quinoa w/ sundried tomatoes/roasted vegetables and squash leftovers

evening: energy bar made last weekend

I was hungry quite a bit of the day or maybe just restless, I haven't decided yet. My stomache was bothering me this afternoon and evening. Can't figure it out. I don't know what I could be eating to cause this.

Weight is back down and at my lowest point for a long while.

This way of life seems to be becoming somewhat of a habit. Donuts at school again today and I didn't even think about them. There is really very little that I am 'missing'. I am really believing that with a few modifications I am going to give this a try even after the 21 days is up.

Starting to look at vegan websites and I was on Beginner Triathlete forums today reading through some threads about being vegan/vegetarian.

I have Boys swimming sectionals tonight. They have a room there to feed the coaches. I will be taking my own food. I might be able to snag a piece of fruit and a water bottle from that room, but that is about it.

I also have inservice day at school today. 'Lunch is provided'. I am taking my own.

If you are reading this, leave me a comment so I know you are out there :)

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Hi Barb! Sorry I haven't been posting. With this crazy busy week I've been checking in every other day or so. It sounds like you are doing awesome. Don't they say it takes 3 weeks to break a habit - or is it to make a new habit? I know that once I get "on track" it is so much easier to stay faithful to the "plan". I think your mind just believes that is how it's gonna be so forget that other stuff. What are you thinking that you might "add back" after the 21 days