Chasing a Dream

Chasing a Dream
John and I with our LP finishers medals

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Day 2

Workout: 70 minute bike workout--> 20 minute warmup routine/20 minute at 95-100%LT/5 minute rest/another 20 minutes at 95-100% LT/ 5 minute CD very tough workout.

I had a water bottle with 2 scoops of Accelerade while riding. Against the added sugar, but I burned about 1000 calories on the ride and felt I needed some calories to not bonk.

Meals:
Breakfast: steel cut oatmeal/blueberries/almonds/V8/one piece of gluten free bread with almond butter

morning snack: almonds/dried fruit

lunch: BIG salad (same as yesterday)

afternoon snack: Larabar

dinner: roasted pears and yellow potatos/ half a can of Progresso lentil soup

will have some Teavana herbal tea tonight

Not feeling a whole lot different so far. I am missing some of my little treats like coffee, glass of wine, the pieces of chocolate I might eat while making dinner. But...feel like I am getting enough food. Not too cranky in giving up the coffee.

On the way home from school before my bike workout I felt like I was pretty tired and I didn't know how the workout would go. But once I was on the bike there was plenty of energy.

No comments: